Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Que Linda: Stenciled Quote on Recycled Pallet


I found this quote on Pinterest a few weeks ago.  I like how life has pleasantly surprised me with great blessings in my life that I didn't even know I wanted.  I made my own stencils using my Silhouette Cameo to put the words on a recycled wood pallet.  I have a thing for pallet wood.

Here's how I stenciled the words onto the wood:

1.) Cut out the negative of the word or image.  Save the circles and triangles from the A's, O's, E's etc...

2.) Apply re-positional spray adhesive to the back.

3.) Place the stencil where you want it and paint over top.  Be careful not to glop the paint on since you don't want it to seep under the stencil.

4.) Wait a couple minutes after you're finished painting and carefully peel the stencil back.

There were some letters that didn't come out evenly so I fixed them up with a fine paint brush.

 I've been working on opening an Etsy shop.  I'm on the fence- should I put this in my shop or hang it on my bare-bones dining room wall?  What do ya think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment