Friday, March 16, 2012

Beyond The Picket Fence: Pallet Potting

I am still in my pallet paradise mode--loving the beauty and creative possibility of free wood.  Now, free wood does not mean less work, quite the contrary.  Pallet building is not for the faint.  It is hard work making that free wood useable.  But, I love discovering the different kinds of woods, dreaming up new ways to use the various parts of the pallet.  Using half a pallet, I built a potting table that is ready for spring (or late May in Montana).
I filled in the empty spaces between the pallets with some painted trim pieces. 
 Old window sash pieces worked for legs and some found tongue and groove paneling for the bottom shelf.  I added a little chalkboard I made from an old lace shutter frame I found in an alley and a few fun things to hang tools from.
Even with the bottom shelf, she was still a little unsteady on her feet so I added a cross piece in the back which stabilized the table beautifully. 
Mother Nature, bring on some planting weather!

0 comments:

Post a Comment