Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hmmmm….A New Pallet Shelf

I am still on the fence with this one.

I chopped up a pallet and painted it orange. I attached some hangers on the back, but the whole shelf wasn't stable, so I needed to come up with something else. I decided to wrap  jute around the shelf and  attach it to a big honker of a hook.

Now, I like the jute and I like the shelf, but I am not loving the hook in the middle.

I really love being able to display my bottle collection and other trinkets too.

And it really goes well with the amazing photo canvas above it. My friend Nichole, of Nicole Tipton Photography took it. She is in the Colorado Springs/Denver area if anyone needs a great photographer!

So, help me! I would love any advice or suggestions on how to make this look a bit better.

Should I do 2 hooks and just tie up each side?

Is my whole vision way off and I should just trash the whole thing?

Should I lose the juts and get some kind of invisible hanging system in place?

0 comments:

Post a Comment