Sunday, March 18, 2012

Life as a Thrifter: A Pallet Canvas

I finally got my hands on some pallets. I'm a bit embarrassed it's taken me this long...since they're so ridiculously abundant. But, my thrift store guy (more commonly know as "Mr. Clemson"...simply because he's decked-out in Clemson gear from head to toe every. single. day.) offered to break me up a few, and well, you know I couldn't resist. 

(Plus, it gave me an excuse to bust out the jigsaw again...)


I've been dying to do some sort of art on pallets for a long, long time...so, in order to make myself a canvas, I had plans to finagle something sort of like this...

...which should have involved just a small amount of hammering...

...but ended up being a lot.

However, I prevailed, and I now have a pallet canvas ready to be painted.

Linked up to: (Sunday) Nifty Thrifty Things, C.R.A.F.T., The Girl Creative, Homemaker on a Dime, Everything Under the Moon, Craftomaniac, Lines Across my FaceThe Delectable Home, It's Overflowing, Making the World Cuter (Monday) Burlap & Denim, Making the World Cuter (Tuesday) Chef-in-Training, Sugarbee Crafts, Sassy Sites, Not Just a Housewife, Natural Nesters, Clean & Scentisible,  Uncommon, Fox Hollow Cottage (Wednesday) Blue Cricket Design, 733, Southern Lovely, Someday Crafts, Chatty Chics, Crafty Scappy Happy, Beyond the Picket Fence (Thursday) 52 Mantels, Simply Designing, Design Dazzle, See Vanessa Craft, (Friday) Bacon Time, Finding FabulousTatertots & JelloFunky Junk (Saturday) Six Sister's Stuff, A Little Inspiration, Too Much Time on My Hands

0 comments:

Post a Comment