Friday, March 16, 2012

Ribbonwood Cottage: Shutters + Pallet=Patio shelving DIY

Hey everyone! We had such a lovely day out here I decided to work  on a project I have had in my mind for ages.  I love shutters, and I have several pallets on our farm...just

like chocolate and peanut butter go together I thought why couldn't

these two marry each other and make a little shelving for the patio.

I painted both of them...

 then got out the drill, screws and hinges.   I attached the hinges first to the pallet, and then each shutter.

I matched up the doors to make sure they fit snug against one another before drilling any holes.

It is also good to mark with a pencil where you will be drilling, and use a measuring tape if needed. I tend to eyeball things, and if they look even I start drilling.

 

 Next I wanted shelves inside this little unit, and picket fence wood pieces fit perfectly inside the pallet. I whitewashed the  picket fence pieces lightly to give a distressed look.

They couldn't have fit more perfectly.

 I drilled holes and then used wood screws to hold the shelves in place.

 Next I had found an old sprinkler piece I wanted to use as a handle. So again I drilled holes on the left shutter.

The shelves obviously are not deep but do hold little mason jar candle holders, terra cotta pots and other little garden items.

Joining in with

My email is DebbBoo9@aol.com if you need to ask me any questions.

Blessings,

Debbie

0 comments:

Post a Comment