Thursday, March 15, 2012

The V Spot: Making a pallet shelf with Kim from Too Much Time On ...

Hi all, Kim from Too Much Time On My Hands is one of my favorite bloggers and she is filling in for me today.  She is brilliant and I am often inspired by her craftiness.

I am super excited to be here visiting with all of Vivienne's readers today! I am Kim, from Too Much Time On My Hands. I love to do crafty, DIY, upcycling types of projects and working with wood pallets is probably my fave.

I've got about 5 in my garage right now....

Much to the dismay of my husband he has surrendered his parking space for the sake of my "work area." (I did promise to have it cleared out and ready for him by the first snow-but hmmm, somehow that never did really happen)

I look at these things every day and have been wanting to try making a shelf. First things first, ask husband to cut one of these suckers up for me. No complaints from him, because he is just one step closer to that parking space!

I was left with four of these.

This shelf is for my friend, Amy's kitchen. I trimmed it down a hair so it will fit where she needs it. Then I sanded the heck out of it and painted it with 3 coats of white paint.

Out came the trusty blue tape and I marked off the edges, painted the edges white to ensure crisp lines, and painted the inside with chalkboard paint.

This shelf's purpose is to display Amy's daughter's artwork. So I grabbed 3 drawer pulls and 6 curtain rings, spray painted them all silver, and used epoxy to adhere them to the bottom of the shelf.

Remember, epoxy needs force to adhere, so my cookbooks came in handy.

And here it is!

I so love it. I hope it looks good in Amy's kitchen!

There is room inside for cookbooks, bottles of wine, and take out menus.

I am on a roll, who needs one?  Thanks so much for having me, Viv!


Thanks so much for helping me out today Kim!  Please visit Kim at her blog, or follow her on Facebook and twitter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment